Skip to main content

Late breaking news: Daniel 7-12

Daniel 7-12


Mesmerized.
My eyes are wide open.

My breath caught in my throat me as I took it in. As I write this, my fingers feel numb. I am speechless because the only thing that comes to mind is "Whoa!" But then is it "woe"?

I feel like I am reading the daily news article, from the very near future. I can understand Daniel's perplexity- he was stunned. I, living in the time he was only looking into, am stunned at how present this really is.

Daniel 7-12 shows us the here and now. This is no longer the future, but this is ours- this generation's, future. The resounding image we see is someone rising up in power not by might, but by intrigue. This someone will intrigue the world, and will do it deceptively. Daniel calls it the abomination of desolation, as does Christ in MAtthew 24. Paul calls him the son of perdition in 2 Thessalonians 2:3, and he is also commonly called him the antichrist. Yet Paul warns us that the spirit of the antichrist is in the world already ( 1 John 2:18).

There is also the warning that the people of God will suffer because of this intriguing person.

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then
the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time
and times and half a time
.
(Daniel 7:25, New King James Version)


Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. 33 And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. (Daniel 11:32-33, New King James Version)

Do not be alarmed, for the Lord prevails, and we as joint-heirs with Christ also prevail.
If you are alarmed, do what the bible instructs:
So, friends, confirm God's invitation to you, his choice of you. Don't put it off; do it now. Do this, and you'll have your life on a firm footing, the streets paved and the way wide open into the eternal kingdom of our Master and Savior, Jesus Christ. (2 Peter 1:10, The Message)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.