Skip to main content

The Alpha: ALEPH



Alpha.
 The word itself brings to mind the number, one. It denotes one who is in the lead, in charge, first in line.
Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet.
 In Hebrew it is, instead of Alpha, pronounced Aleph.

The Hebrew language is unique in that each letter carries more weight than we'd customarily ascribe to any single letter in the English language.  The closest analogy, if you may,  could be the letter "A". It is both a letter in relation to other letters, but is a stand alone word- an article implying quantity of one. In a much deeper way however,  a single letter in the Hebrew aleph-bet  carries great meaning.

 Consider ALEPH:

"The letter Aleph is the 'father' of the Aleph-Bet, whose original pictograph represents an ox, strength, and leader. Its numerical value is one ( and also 1,000) and is a silent letter. Aleph therefore is preeminent in its order and alludes to the ineffable mysteries of the oneness of God."(1) ALEPH in essence, represents the Lord.


The letter ALEPH is stylistically a combination of two other singular letters the "YOD"( transliterated as  our English letter Y)  and the "VAV" ( transliterated as our English letter V).

YOD and VAV are two identifying letters in the sacred name. YHVH. "Hei", the "H" in YHVH,  represents breath or Spirit, evident in the very pronunciation of the word. Breath is expelled. It also represents giving and receiving at a level of completeness.
When Jesus declared he was the Alpha, in Greek, or the ALEPH, in Hebrew,  He was unveiling his connection to the sacred name YHVH.

" I am ALEPH" meaning I am first, but also I am only.

Isaiah 44:6 reads  “Thus says the Lord [JEHOVAH], the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 reads “Listen to Me, O Jacob, And Israel, My called: I am He, I am the First, I am also the Last.

YHVH  [JEHOVAH] utters these words in Isaiah and many other similar statements throughout the Old testament. In Revelation Jesus Christ utters these same words. 

 Revelations  1:17b-18 reads “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.18 am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death. 

Two beings can not both be the first and the last simultaneously. And the Word of God declares that God did not step down to make room for another to take his position as "Alpha and Omega". YHVH himself states that "Besides me there is no God". He repeats this in Isaiah 43:11, Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 45:14, Isaiah 45:21, Deuteronomy 32:39, Hosea 13:4 to name a few.


JEHOVAH declares n Malachi 3:6 "“For I am the Lord, I do not change;
Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob."
Apostle Paul pens these words about Jesus  in Hebrews 13:8 , "Jesus Christ is [eternally changeless, always] the same yesterday and today and forever." AMP

Glory be to Jehovah who reveals himself as the savior of the World, in which there is none else- Jesus Christ our LORD and saviour.
Blessings, 
Chantel


(1) http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Grammar/Unit_One/Aleph-Bet/Aleph/aleph.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.