"I am alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending"
To our delight we see these words repeated many times in both the old and new testaments. Every time it was recorded it is first person spoken. We notice it is God almighty speaking this of himself. None can argue with that.
We are also given, in chapter 1, not just words spoken by the Almighty, but a vivid description of his image:
- one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
- his head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow
- his eyes were as flames of fire
- his feet like unto fine brass
- his voice like the sound of many waters
- out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword
- his countenance was as the sun shineth
This "one like unto the son of man" feels it is important to again make it clear who He is:
It is this vision of the Son of man that Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah , and John saw as they viewed ONE sitting upon one throne.
We will study more on this throne and the ONE who sits upon it as we move forward.
God bless you.