Skip to main content

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path

Click. Push. Turn. Pull. Flick. Clap ( twice). We turn on and turn off lights countless times during the day. Or we open and close shades and curtains and blinds.

Why? We need to see. Otherwise we'd stub a toe, bump a forehead in the bathroom door, or bump a hip in to the dinig table. Maybe. Or maybe we know our way around in the dark, only to find that the little one ( or the big one) left their skateboard in the middle of the walk way. Then there is the proverbial stuffed toy left on the third stair....

All in all, we need to see. Usually, we need light to see. It is amazing how the smallest bit of light can bite through the utter darkness. It would seem that the darker it is, makes the effectiveness of the tiniest light, increase.

The point I am making is this- the word of God, being our lamp and our light, is not something to choose one day and not the next. It is essential for our every day and every hour of the day. It is essential to light our waking moments, and essential to light our dreams in the night.

I hope we are all continually reading the Word of God daily. I have decreased my posts to, at the least, once a month or so to alleviate the pressure of writing every day. The bible reading calendar below is a tool guide, but it is not the "Daily Bible reading" Bible. In other words. Don't beat yourself up, as I tend to, when you fall behind. I  get stuck in Isaiah, at this phase, as it is too dense for me to read in one sitting. I have to read the Isaiah passages over a few days. That leaves me a few days behind- I am still playing catch-up .  My intention is, not to  just read for the sake of reading. I want to " hide God's word in my heart", to get to know Him and His character. That is how we become more like our Father, by learning of him through his Word. Some of us are familiar with the timeless  bible stories we learned in Sunday school, some of us are new to all of it. Pace your self, savor the word, don't just chomp it down, and let the Word of God light your path continually. Nothing worse than a candle lit to light the darkness then it flickers out when you need it most.

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by the Word  that proceeds out of the mouth of God"

-Chantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.