Skip to main content

The phone rings

Ms. Grace: Finally,  I am so glad you answered my call. Been calling for a while
now with no answer. But hey meet me at the cross road between broadway
and straight street. There is some info that someone is out to kill you,
and I have to get you to a safe house.

An Hour later
 Ms.Grace: Glad you had time to meet me. ( urgently)
 I have this key your father gave me for
you to claim the house he bought you. It's loaded with an internal
security feature that is on night and day. Once he transfers his name to
the deed, anything you need just give him a call. He'll take care of
everything. You'll recognize the house by the red door marked with your Father's name.
Now when you go through,you'll be covered with a red
solvent. Don't be alarmed. It's a cleansing agent
for dirt removal, sanitizing, and disinfecting of anyone who goes through
the door.  As an added bonus it imprints a cellular signature
beneath your skin so he can track you and you two can communicate.
Anyone who tries to get in without going thru the door will trigger the alarm,
so going thru and walking through the solvent is the way in.
Now here's the key, it's all yours.

On the key are 5 letters- F A I T H. You hang it on your key chain and
head to the house, with Ms. Grace walking closely beside you.

You come to the grounds and can't believe your eyes. It's not just a
house , it's an entire estate.
You: Wow! I never even have to leave. All this for
me? I really don't deserve this.
I mean, Why me? Why now? All my
life, I thought Dad didn't care much about me; I mean, I've done some
things I am not proud of, in the name of fun and freedom... You look up
and down at the beautiful exterior. You look at the key in your hand.

Grace looks at you calmly.
"Behind that door is a new life for you", Grace
says.
You take a deep breath, climb the porch and feel the weight of the key.
It glistens.
You have the key. Is it really necessary to go any further? The key is
enough, right? You feel better than you've felt in years just having
this key in your possession. You feel light in your feet, bubbling over
with joy. Matter of fact, you are so excited as, the reality of what
Grace told you, sinks in, you want to run and tell everybody. I mean ,
how often does this happen?
Grace watches you at the door, key in hand.
You have to go in to escape your enemies, Grace says. I know,you think,
but at least I have the key right?

James 2:14-22 (New International Version)
Faith and Deeds
  14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but
has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15 Suppose a brother or sister is
without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to him, "Go, I
wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his
physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if
it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
  18 But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
      Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my
faith by what I do.
  19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe
that—and shudder.
  20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is
useless [ a ] ? 21 Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for
what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that
his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made
complete by what he did.


-Chantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

At the end of the day (and the beginning!)...

Just 5 more minutes of sleep without interruptions from the kids, my handsome husband beside me when I wake up, surprised that he took off a day just to give me a break, more than $0.75 in change scattered around my purse, my kids to be satisfied with everything I do for them for ONE WHOLE DAY, no crying or whining, to make it a day without a single, broken dish, dinner done on time, kids to bed on time and they stay there until morning and wake up rested, ...seriously, this list can go on & on! Does your's sound similar? Do you have a list of "If onlies"?