- We are predestined to be holy and blameless 1:4
- We are predstined to be adopted as sons through Jesus Christ 1:5
- His perfect plan is all of mankind, redeemed and adopted- yet he gives us the freedom to choose.
When we turn ourselves to the cross, and our desires to His will, His Spirit aids us to the completion of His perfect will in us. Thus ( Romans 8:28) All Things work together for good to them who love God; to those who are the called according to his purpose.
It is our own stubborness that push us farther out of the perfect will of God. Likewise our desires toward God push us into the will of God. There are causes and their effects.
- His strength is made perfect in our weakness (2 corinthians 12:9)
- When we draw near to God he draws near to us ( James 4:8)
- Resist the devil and he will flee ( James 4:7)
- If you make the Lord your dwelling Place then no evil will come near your dwelling ( Psalm 91:9-11)
The Navigation system ( The Word of God) can give you the directions to the intended destiny. You will not reach the destination if you do not at some point, follow the given directions. no matter how many times it re-routes you.
The prodigal did not run after his son as he walked away, but he was always watching and waiting for his return.We know this because when the son headed back toward him, the Father saw the son from from far off. He was anticipating his return. He ran out to meet him, when the son made his way toward the direction of the Father.
When the young rich man is told to give up all his riches, he walks away, and Jesus, though saddened, does not run after him. He made his choice.
Hell was not made for God's creation called man, it was made for the rebellious angel, Lucifer, and his followers.
Our destiny is heavenbut like Esau, who gave up his birthright for a temporal bowl of soup- many are giving up their right to be joint heirs with christ, for the temporary and instant gratification of sin. But the pleasures of sin last only for a season ( Hebrews 11:25)
Deuteronomy 30:19 - I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live
God already gave the answer, choose life, but it is still our choice to make. Are you ready to make the choice today?