Skip to main content

Seasons:Ecclesiastes 3-4


"Seasons"
The rains come-
flowers drink
and lift their faces to the sun
and strain against the winds of fall
and bow,
cowering at the wintry cold;
but then the rains
come
and again
sun
-Chantel (C) 2010

A missionary from the Philippines visited our church last night. It was our usual midweek service, but that is all that was usual. I perked up when Missionary Dibble, as his name is, took his passage from Ecclesiastes 3. I felt like the person in a crowd who knows the secret that is about to be told to everyone. I felt like the one who goes around bursting with the knowledge of something but reluctant to spoil the surprise for everyone else.

OK, I suppose it wasn't that serious, but hey Ecclesiastes 3-4 was the reading for the day, and I felt good.

But here is the point. Between the seasons of birth and death, there are many seasons that we ebb and flow through in our lifetime. In the midst of this we, as children of God have the authority through the Holy Spirit to declare a season of blessing. Now this is not a license to go and rack up a wish list of things, for the bible says that if his word abide in us and we in His word, then if we ask anything it will be given to us. So the prerequisite is we must line up with the word of God for this to happen. We will be blessed, if we engage ourselves in the things that God blesses. Simple isn't it? Wanna be blessed, then get into what God blesses.


He blesses faithfulness
He blesses giving and tithing
He blesses obedience to His Word and our spiritual leaders
He blesses witnessing and sharing the gospel and salvation with others
He blesses the time we spend with him in word and Prayer
He blesses our boldness and confession of our relationship with Christ in our daily walk

And what the Lord blesses no man can curse.

Not to be long winded, but this also came to mind. I hear of the line repeated in and out of many churches. " This is my season!" But do we remember that there is more than one season any of us can be in at any time? So , yeah this may be your season, but for what? Think about that. but also remember that seasons are just that- a season. It will end, and give way to another. And whichever season it may be, there will again be, THE SUN. Hallelujah!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.