Skip to main content

and all the christians in the whole world....


When my children and I say their bedtimes prayers, it always end the same

"bless mommy and daddy and mom-mom and pop, and Nannie and grand dad, my whole family, and all the Christians in the whole world, in Jesus name, Amen!"

When my sister Kendra first started mission Mondays she wrote a compelling posts entitle " Remember the chains".

I happened upon a church's website this morning with an exhaustive list of the missionaries they support and one tab was one with missionaries in sensitive countries. Missionaries in countries that forbid the gospel in any form.

Kendra had a knack for finding awesome mission projects, she is a little under the weather so please keep her in prayer.

Today for mission Monday , remember the chains of those who are being persecuted for the sake of the gospel. Take a look at the Voice of the martyrs and Unreached People of the day bottom of this page and don't just look- really say a prayer. For the bible lets us know that the fervent and effective prayer of the righteous avails much- in other words our prayers mixed with faith really does make a difference.


Let Us Pray....
Father forgive us if we have forgotten. We thank you that you are a God who remembers all your children. Thank you for reminding us that we are the keepers of our brothers and sisters, and that you have called us as gap fillers and bridge builders for those who are in need of your help right now. Lord there is someone in captivity , there is someone in dire need, there is someone suffering for your name's sake that is depending on our prayers to you. Lord there is someone in need of food, in need of directions to a safe place. Jesus we call on your name in desperation for our brothers and sisters in the field. Those who may have children and are struggling to feed them, those who may be hurt and need emergency medical care. Right now, omnipresent Father, meet those needs. Send help right now, and move in the miraculous. You are more than able and willing, for your word proclaims you as the present help. Let it be your will Father to rescue and sustain the missionaries walking in what you have commanded. Strengthen and comfort them with the comforter who is the holy Spirit. Surround them with your ministering angels. In Your precious name we pray. Amen.

Comments

Beautiful Mess said…
I needed this reminder today! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.