Skip to main content

Are you there _____? It's me- God: Joel 1-3



Yep- 12 more days left til the 25th!


How about the time left between today and our eternity?

The Book of Joel is such a passionate read; God implores his people to look around at their reality. He wants them to not be satisfied with their present state, but to "Press toward the mark" ( Phil. 3:14)

It's like God is saying
Hellooo! Are you seriously OK with, this!? Here I am , ready to move, on YOUR behalf. What's the hold up?

Sometimes the hold-up is the mere lack of recognition that something is not quite right. It is easy for us to get caught up in our christian bubble, and be so afraid to rock the boat that we have become passive about the transgressors around us. It is easier to turn the blind eye to sin, and figure, hey it's not my problem. But when God made us the SALT and the LIGHT it became our job to unsettle when it came to anything against the sovereign God.

Israel settled for less than what God desired for them, and needed a wake up call.

"Blow the Trumpet" "Sound the Alarm" was this book's thematic.


I'm not satisfied with yesterday's annointing.


Are you in need of a Holy visitation?




Comments

Anonymous said…
Whew! Girl! This was for me today! Sound the alarm! Thank Lord for Chantel and her obedience and faithfulness to You and Your Word! Thank you!
Anonymous said…
Praise the Lord!
We need to sound that alarm at all times.So easy for us to have our days where were not prayed up.
God bless all who read this blog,may it bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.