Skip to main content

Psalm 95

"O, Come, let us WORSHIP and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord, our maker, for He is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hands" Psalm 95: 6-7

Just this past Sunday I felt to talk to my sunday School class about the discipline of worship. I asked them what came to mind when they thought of worship. Their responses were what I expected: "Praising God" said one of the young men; "cheering for God", was another answer that came forth. I admitted that the first thing that came to my mind, even knowing the deeper meaning of it, was lifting my hands.

We all may have a presumption of what worship is, and even still, worship of the one true God.

Jesus commented that the Father is seeking true worshippers- those who will worship him in spirit, and in truth.

I came to learn that worship means to acknowledge. My class and I dug deeper and looked up acknowledge and saw that it means: to admit as true in existence. Wow!

When we admit that God exists, we acknowledge the truth of his word, the truth of his authority, and the truth of our accountability to this true and loving God.
We admit that we are imperfect and need a perfect God to complete us. We admit that there is a better way than our own.

Worship, then takes, a bowing down - submission of our selves to our creator. Psalm 95 reminds us that as we worship, we are kneeling to the Lord our maker, for HE IS OUR GOD.

It is easy to acknowledge him as saviour- the forgiver of sins and the cleanser of our souls. It takes a deeper desire to allow God to be Lord of all in our lives.
Every action we take each day that may seem mundane and ordinary, it is because of God's existence that we can perform.
This is how worship becomes not an action performed, but a way of living. We acknowledge God in our breathing, in our eating, in our working- FOR HE IS OUR GOD. And we are his people.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The scripture that comes to mind is Acts 17:28 "For in him we live and move and have our being..." I loved your "in real life" definition of worship! You always know how to apply scripture to our lives that seems so straightforward and it have such a profound meaning. Thank you Holy Spirit! The Spirit has highlighted for me the part where you said "This is how worship becomes not an action peformed,..." Hmmm...With this, it disproves the "theory" taught in some churches that in worship & praise you need to "just do it" when you don't feel like it and then "the rest of you" will catch up. If we have a mindset that we're worshipping God with our lives and with our beings, joining in worship shouldn't ever be something we're forced to or forcing ourselves to do. Does anybody else see this too?

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.