Skip to main content

Pray for Asia Bibi

Asia Bibi is a Pakistani woman who is being imprisoned on charges of blasphemy. Just 37 years old, married with daughters, she's being blamed for speaking against the Pakistani government when failing to renounce Christ and follow Islam. Women she'd been working with have been trying to convince her to follow Islam but she preached Christ to them instead, telling them that Christ is the true prophet of God and He's not dead like their Muhammad! Whew! You've gotta admire her zeal! Because of her tenacity and her failure to comply and conform, she's been described as a threat to government. She's still being held! There's still much that can be done! The Voice of the Martyrs has posted information on their blog where you can write to her (in English or translated into her language) and even write the Pakistani Government officials, asking for her release! Please pray with me that God's will will be done in this case! Pray that the country of Pakistan will never be the same following the global response from Christians everywhere! Pray that she endure, gaining strength second-by-second from the Word that she's hidden in her heart! Pray that we on the outside will be more appreciative of the settings we're in until it's our turn!

You can help and follow more of this story and other martyrs and those being persecuted for the cause of Christ at http://www.prisoneralert.com/
Remember her chains...

Comments

nancygrayce said…
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Our church, Covenant Presbyterian, has long been involved in missions. Uganda holds a special place in our hearts because so many there are hungering after the Word of God.

Many families in our church homeschool (I read that you are doing that). We also have a Christian school at our church.

I welcome you to visit us if you haven't found a local church!

Nancy
nancygrayce said…
I just noticed that you added Mercy Uganda to your blog list! Thanks! Laura, who runs Mercy Uganda is one of the most sincere Christians I know! She's also a dear friend in Christ. She has been to Uganda 3 times and works with many people there, including Veronica Nakyewe who runs the Comforter Pregnancy Center in Kampala.

Thanks!
Chantel said…
this is a really good jump start to mission Mondays. We have to be more serious about what God commanded us to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials,

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

child logic: waitress vs. God

That sounds like something my 6 year old would say! Malachi 3:10-12 (King James Version) 10Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. 12And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts.