November 3, 2009

Luke 21-22 10/24/09

"The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him:'Before the rooster crows today, you will deny me three times'." - Luke 22:61

There were many things that caught my attention as I read through the passage for this day. I journaled my thoughts, and this note I jotted down is worth sharing.

What was Jesus thinking when he looked at Peter, Luke 22:61, after Peter denied him the third time and the cock ( rooster) crowed?

What does God's gaze imply when he is looking at us?

A lot can be said with the eyes. Yes I want God to gaze on me, but I want that look to be one of endearment and not one of sadness at the choices I make from moment to moment in each day.

So what do you think Jesus' eyes were saying?

1 comment:

StillMe842 said...

When I envision the whole thing playing out, I see him making the "I told you so" look with his eyes! LOL But at the same time, they're filled with pity because He knows that Peter is just part of the plan and also filled with love that covers. That love we show when our kids do something wrong and embarrassing to us in public. It's a love in His eyes that says, "Don't worry! I'll take care of it!"