Skip to main content

A Present help... an Early help

When I read Psalm 46 for the something thousandth time in my life it struck a different chord.

First God is my refuge and strength, a VERY PRESENT HELP, in trouble. Therefore I will not fear; even if the earth is removed and though the waters are raging about me.
Why?
He is our present help.

Then look-
There is a river. I pause. I praise God for the river. For he promised that his Spirit will be in me flowing like rivers of waters.

There is a river, the streams, whereof, shall make glad the city of God. Yes! Yes, for there is joy in the Holy Spirit. He has made me glad.

God is in the midst of her. She shall not be moved. God is in me. I will not be moved. He is my rock and my foundation. I will not be moved,
God shall help her, and that right early. God will help her. God will help her. God will help me. It is God's will to help me, and not just help me ,but help me early. Not, right in the nick of time; EARLY!
Hallelujah! I am that city that God is in the midst of. I am that city, a city set on a hill that can not be hid. And you know what? There is a river that flows in me, and when I am in trouble, God is my early help. He is early because he is already present.
Praise God.

It's humbling to think of the many things the city reference entails. We are to be the city of God. And as his city he is a tower and a fortress unto us. He is our refuge. He is the place that can be run into for safety. When God is in the midst, it's a beacon to Satan and his foes that God is our help, and if God is for us who can be against us.

Just as in times of Kings and armies of men, the enemy will have to think twice to make an attack. and when the trouble comes not from the enemy, but from the raging elements of the life, He is  still our present help. What a comfort!

Let God be in you and He will fight for you, for greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world.

Warmest Thoughts and prayers,
Chantel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials, ...

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

Mission: Water4Christmas

Hi all! It's Missions Monday!! I get so excited! Truly! While on Beautiful Mess-Psalm 40 's blog, I was touched so deeply by her post on Water For Christmas! It's definitely a cause to support! We have all kinds of gadgets, movies, CDs, and gift cards that are all just distractions waiting to be bought and given this Christmas holiday. But there are over a billion of people all over the world who don't have access to clean water! Ridiculous! We're dying and killing ourselves over debt but our brothers & sisters are dying because of lack of clean water. Water has so many more  uses besides just drinking! Charity:water  says that the average American uses 150 gallons of water a day while the average person in a developing country struggles to find 5 gallons! This is what charity:water says to the question "Why water?" U nsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kill more people every year than all forms of...