Skip to main content

In the Daniel Mines: Daniel 1-6

What more is there to dig?

All this talk about veterans this week has made me grateful for the freedoms we enjoy so casually everyday. As a matter of fact I am blogging on the bible, and I am certain that is not something I can do in just any country.

I also thought of the veteran Christian. The been there- done that christian, who has gleaned all there is to glean from the word of God, and has convinced themself that they can live off of yesterday's or last year's portion.

The book of Daniel, chapters 1-6, were nothing new to me. I could not help, however, feeling appreciative of the freshness of it all.

Daniel, unafraid to be peculiar ( 1:8); His comrades unafraid to trust (3:16); Daniel, uncompromisingly truthful regardless of the audience ( 5:17); Daniel...

There is so much to learn in so few chapters, from this unwavering child of God.

Daniel grew older, seeing the passing and the initiation of kings, and still, he approached God as a servant. He never got to the point that he felt, he was spirit filled enough to say " Ok God, I can take it from here."

Let us as children of God come always before our Father as sheep, and as his children. Let us commit ourselves to doing the will of God, even to the forsaking of our lives. For as we will learn further still in this book, the day to choose between this life and Godliness, is upon us even now.

Remember, Daniel 4:37- "...Those who walk in pride, he is able to put down", yet, in all your ways acknowlege him, and He Will Direct your paths.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials, ...

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

Mission: Water4Christmas

Hi all! It's Missions Monday!! I get so excited! Truly! While on Beautiful Mess-Psalm 40 's blog, I was touched so deeply by her post on Water For Christmas! It's definitely a cause to support! We have all kinds of gadgets, movies, CDs, and gift cards that are all just distractions waiting to be bought and given this Christmas holiday. But there are over a billion of people all over the world who don't have access to clean water! Ridiculous! We're dying and killing ourselves over debt but our brothers & sisters are dying because of lack of clean water. Water has so many more  uses besides just drinking! Charity:water  says that the average American uses 150 gallons of water a day while the average person in a developing country struggles to find 5 gallons! This is what charity:water says to the question "Why water?" U nsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kill more people every year than all forms of...