Skip to main content

When God opens your eyes...

...You see what he sees

Genesis 21:19- It must have been there all along. Hagar walked away, and left Ishmael to die under a bush. She did not want to watch the death of her son, as he ached for thirst. She cried, and God responded to her broken heart. With the gesture of a loving father, he tells her not to cry. Then he opens her eyes and there is a well of water before her.
Sometimes despair can cloud our vision. we are kept from seeing the victory that was before us all along. When we walk in a desert long enough, we are convinced the well of water we see must not be real. But when God opens your eyes, you see, what others around you may not -but is there for your provision none the less.

Warmest thoughts and prayers,
Chantel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials, ...

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

Mission: Water4Christmas

Hi all! It's Missions Monday!! I get so excited! Truly! While on Beautiful Mess-Psalm 40 's blog, I was touched so deeply by her post on Water For Christmas! It's definitely a cause to support! We have all kinds of gadgets, movies, CDs, and gift cards that are all just distractions waiting to be bought and given this Christmas holiday. But there are over a billion of people all over the world who don't have access to clean water! Ridiculous! We're dying and killing ourselves over debt but our brothers & sisters are dying because of lack of clean water. Water has so many more  uses besides just drinking! Charity:water  says that the average American uses 150 gallons of water a day while the average person in a developing country struggles to find 5 gallons! This is what charity:water says to the question "Why water?" U nsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kill more people every year than all forms of...