Skip to main content

Spotlight on Global Missions

Mission: An important assignment carried out for political, religious, or commercial purposes, typically involving travel.

Assignment: the allocation of a job or task to someone

Foreignmissions.com
On this mission monday I want to shine a light on a group that is taking global missions to another level. This group works on getting as many missionaries as possible to as many of the world as possible. They rely on the support of the Holy Spirit and the family of God to put missionaries on the field.

Here is a snapshot of the some of what God has achieved through this organization in the past year:


Let me share the following exciting facts with you for the year of 2010- 2011:
District Global Missions Directors
● Consist of 55 in total, who work with Global Missions in deputation
scheduling.

Missionaries
●208 Career missionaries
●87 intermediate missionaries
●299 Associates in missions
●14 Associate Missionaries
●127 Associated Ministers
●41 Regional Missionaries
●30 Global Training Representatives
●Total of 806 Missionaries
Overseas Fields
● 19,686 National Ministers 

● 195 Nations

Statistics Overseas in 2010
● A total of 2,208,947 constituents worldwide
● 34,133 churches and preaching points
● 3,630 new churches and preaching points established
● Average of 10 new churches and preaching points each day

 ● 132,965 were baptized in Jesus’ name
● Over 364 were baptized in Jesus’ name each day
● 127,070 received the Holy Ghost
● Over 348 received the Holy Ghost each day 



Right Now their project for the month of January is to sponsor a child in Haiti. It is easy to lose track of the things that are going on in countries like Haiti, when they are no longer the center of media attention. Haitian children still need the love and support of the body of Christ. This project for the month of January is to specifically target the education of the children of families who have been impacted by the missionaries of Global Missions. If God would place it on your heart to help, and especially on your heart to pray- do not hesitate to do so.


For more details on this project or any other one that may be under way at Global Missions, please click here. God bless all his children as we aim to carry out the mission he has assigned to us all- to Go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mission: Christmas Blessing

Peace & love everybody! I've been so excited it's been hard to contain myself regarding today's mission! I hope that after reading this post, you'll be as encouraged as I am now! Known by most today as "the last Stalinist country" and according to VOM, "one of the most repressive and isolated regimes in the world", North Korea needs our prayers, monetary support, and volunteers. It's even being reported that a holocaust is occurring there as I'm writing this! Christians are being tortured, killed, and having "experiments" run on them all because they testify that Jesus is their Lord. Read a short synopsis of what Persecution.com has to say about North Korea and check out their related links. Thanks to our family over at The Voice of the Martyrs, we will be able to encourage and support our North Korean brothers and sisters! With our donations of $50 we will be able to sponsor a package that will have hard-to-get essentials, ...

Earnestly contend for the Faith: Jude

Today's passage is Revelation 18-22, but here I am one book behind in Jude. I just wanted to spend some time in this one chaptered book. I love that the Word of God is LIVELY and ACTIVE, and, though never changing, it is always revealing. I got stuck on Jude verse 3. The words EARNESTLY and CONTEND, made me think, wow, we have to put up a fight for this thing. I read, and scribbled in my notebook as I went through. Here is what I wrote:

Mission: Water4Christmas

Hi all! It's Missions Monday!! I get so excited! Truly! While on Beautiful Mess-Psalm 40 's blog, I was touched so deeply by her post on Water For Christmas! It's definitely a cause to support! We have all kinds of gadgets, movies, CDs, and gift cards that are all just distractions waiting to be bought and given this Christmas holiday. But there are over a billion of people all over the world who don't have access to clean water! Ridiculous! We're dying and killing ourselves over debt but our brothers & sisters are dying because of lack of clean water. Water has so many more  uses besides just drinking! Charity:water  says that the average American uses 150 gallons of water a day while the average person in a developing country struggles to find 5 gallons! This is what charity:water says to the question "Why water?" U nsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of all sickness and disease, and kill more people every year than all forms of...